Provision = You are "for" or "in favor of" God's vision for your life!
"But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God; Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men; And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you. Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."
- A need is met when we give
The importance of meeting needs
- Often times, a prayer is answered when we give
Have you ever considered that you may be an answer to prayer?
Exodus 3:7-9—God sends Moses in answer to Israelites prayer
Acts 10—God sends Peter in answer to Cornelius’ prayer
- A seed is sown when we give
That seed is multiplied by God—II Corinthians 9:10
- Grace abounds to us when we give
II Corinthians 9:8
- You will endear yourself to the one to whom you give
II Corinthians 9:14 (NLT)
- Thanksgiving is caused in the one receiving the gift
II Corinthians 9:11 (also read in NLT)
- We honor Him and show His love in our giving
- We qualify or position ourselves to receive from God when we give
Philippians 4:19—“…but my God shall supply all of your needs…”
- We guard our lives against dullness and indifference when we give
Hebrews 6:10-12 (NLT)
- We initiate the release of a harvest when we give
Luke 6:38—“Give and it shall be given unto you…”
Galatians 6:7—“…God is not mocked, whatsoever a man sows…”